Sheffield City Trust was the first leisure trust formed in the UK. Since 1987 we've led to the way with an unrivalled mix of sport, leisure and entertainment venues to become The Health and Wellbeing Charity.
Everything we do is focused on delivering our main objective; improving the health and wellbeing of the people of Sheffield. Our not-for-profit status means all our surplus is reinvested in improving our activities and venues to ensure we are here for the communities we serve.
WE CHANGE LIVES
Being active helps build self-confidence and supports physical and emotional wellbeing. For some, an added element of support is needed and that’s where our Exercise Referral Scheme and Plus+One programmes help. We invest £500k per year in these programmes supporting individuals.
• 7,000 Children on our Learn to Swim programmes.
• 251 Cases of Chronic Heart Disease and Stroke prevented.
• 2,000 attendances from our ‘Plus+One’ initiative.
• 1,500 Sheffielders getting back to health with our Exercise Referral Scheme.
OUR 7 AMBITIONS
SIV are here for everyone in Sheffield. We recognise that some of the most impactful health and wellbeing gains will be achieved by focusing on those who are inactive and suffering the greatest health inequalities. We have 7 ambitions which will contribute towards achieving this, and will deliver an immediate step change in the health & wellbeing of the people of Sheffield.
• Deliver programmes to enable every child in Sheffield to swim and ride a bike
• We actively promote healthy diets as part of a healthy lifestyle
• We will lead with an active, healthy and engaged workforce!
• We will find, share and replicate new solutions to inactivity
• Leisure, culture and entertainment venues are inclusive for all in Sheffield
• Young children, families and communities in need will get support to get more active
• We will transform 3 of the least active communities in Sheffield, improving health and wellbeing in those communities.
WE BRING COMMUNITIES TOGETHER
Health & Wellbeing is not just about hitting the gym, that’s why we’re so much more than just our venues. From Winn Gardens to Shiregreen and Darnall, SIV runs activities across the city outside of our venues; in local community centres, schools and care homes.
• Since 2009, we’ve secured over £5m in grants to support Sheffield.
• Over the last 3 years, we’ve secured over £½ million in funding for 54 local groups & organisations.
• Delivering programmes to 150 residents across the city’s care homes to reduce falls & accidents and improve their quality of life
WE SUPPORT THE CITY
From low-level improvements to big initiatives that really deliver change, we’ve always valued our part in supporting Sheffield to strive to meet its ambition.
• Improving health with the SIV health fund. Donating £25k to fund children’s education and nutrition.
• Reaching the inactive population. 40% of new sign-ups with SIV are previously inactive. That’s 17,500 of the most inactive
• Our events generate £30m for the local economy, bringing thousands of visitors to our great city and driving